Skip to main content

New Student Enrollment

Welcome to Canyon ISD. We’re glad you have decided to move into our district! Moving and changing schools can be stressful. That is why we created this site. We hope you find this information useful, and if you have any questions, please let us know, or visit the campus pages by clicking here.

Enrollment Procedures

Students are expected to attend school in the attendance zone in which they reside. A student who is at least five years of age and under 21 years of age on the first day of September of any school year and who lives within the district’s boundaries may enroll. Children who are four years old on or before September 1 may enroll in the pre-kindergarten program provided they meet eligibility requirements.

Age Requirements

  • Pre-Kindergarten – age 4 by September 1st
  • Kindergarten – age 5 by September 1st
  • First Grade – age 6 by September 1st

Enrollment Documents

New students will need to complete the following:

Online registration (the link is located at the bottom of this page)

Junior High and High School students need to make an appointment with the campus to complete the enrollment process.

Upload into Skyward Family Access:

  • Current immunizations
  • Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or another form of legal identification
  • Current proof of residency – See requirements listed below
    • Students may not be enrolled in district schools without proof of residency in the Canyon ISD.
    • Students must regularly sleep at the indicated residence at least five nights per week.
  • Social Security card

Residency Information Required

    1. Initial Registration – If living in own residence or renting
      • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license
      • Provide current utility bill showing name, current address and date
      • Provide rental agreement or lease (If Renting or Leasing)
    2. Initial Registration – If Building in CISD
      • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license
      • Provide builder’s contract showing projected completion date (Must be during the current school year)
      • Campus will follow up (at projected completion date or end of the semester)
      • Provide driver’s license with new address
      • Provide utility bill showing new address (utility deposit or connection confirmation)
    3. Initial Registration – If Living in Another Person’s Residence
      • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license
      • Provide utility bill showing name of owner, current address and date
      • Residence owner must complete affidavit of residency (notarized)
      • If child(ren) not living with parent, provide court document or power of attorney (signed by parent/guardian and notarized)
      • Campus will follow up (in 30-60 days & for following school years)
        • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license with residency address or utility bill in parent/guardian name showing residence address
        • Next Year – provide attending school with same/current information for proof of residency including updated Affidavit of Residency

All residency affidavits are subject to verification by the campus attendance secretary or an administrator. If falsification of information is determined, withdrawal may be immediate in accordance with FD (Legal).

Immunization and Enrollment Update

Immunization requirements can be found at

    • Kindergarten, Pre-K students, and students from out of state must present an up-to-date immunization record or record that indicates they are progressing and up to date with remaining needed immunizations.
    • Students transferring from another Texas School may provisionally enroll and have 30 days to get up-to-date shot records to school; after 30 days the student may no longer attend without up-to-date immunizations or up-to-date progression towards receiving required remaining immunizations.
    • Homeless students may be enrolled provisionally for 30 days without a shot record.


Click Here To Start the Enrollment Process