JOIN OUR CANYON ISD TRANSPORTATION TEAM TODAY!
The CISD Transportation Department is here to serve our community. Our leadership team strives to give every employee the tools to succeed. We believe in fairness and consistency. We work hard to foster a family environment with an open-door policy. We are a fast growth district that appreciates our employees.
If you want to work with energetic and caring people who put our students first, then Canyon ISD is the place for you. We welcome motivated people to serve as bus drivers in our district!
Click the buttons below to apply now!
What do you need to be a School Bus Driver?
● Enjoy working with kids
● Good driving record
● Class B CDL with P & S endorsements
● DOT Medical Certification
● Texas School Bus Driver Certification
What if I don’t have a CDL?
● NO PROBLEM – WE WILL HELP YOU GET IT!
● Trainees will receive study materials to help with getting their permit.
● Our Trainers will teach you to drive the bus.
● Our CDL Testers will test your driving skills.
What’s a DOT Medical Certification?
School bus drivers have to pass yearly physical exams and drug screens. This will be scheduled during training.
How do I get a Texas School Bus Driver Certification?
School bus drivers have to complete a 20-hour class to become certified with the state. Trainees will be enrolled in a class and may be issued a temporary card. This will allow them to drive while completing the class.